Monday, November 1, 2010

Not So Gentle Introductions Part IV

I had to be careful not to incinerate this threat. At the same time I didn’t want to pull its attention onto me. To make matters worse, throw Kozak pinned beneath the feelpe. This left me with very few options left in my arsenal.

I began an incarnation to attempt to give Kozak a chance to get out from under the feelpes grasp. Each of my fingertips began to glow as fire arrows began to take form. I moved one of the fairy fires from the tree to the left of me to my target which was the inner hind leg which was pinning Kozak. I let the flames go banking on the splinters of flame wouldn’t injure Kozak to bad. Much to my dismay it had even a less effect as when my arrows hit the armor plated legs directing the flames away from the feelpe and Kozak.

Croff came behind Raddect and quickly began buffing up his reaction time and strength. He then quickly cast galevin armor on Raddect which had a regeneration aspect to it. Raddects wounds began to close up giving him a sigh of relief. With these spells in motion you could tell Raddect wasn’t fighting for his life anymore. He was keeping pace with the feelpes assault but not gaining any ground.  

It hit me right then to twin cast flame arrow and magma sword enchantment with a delay mixed in. It took a few seconds to formulate the words needed for this as it was no regular spell. The moment I had the words on the tip of my tongue I spoke them and Raddects blades where superimposed with magma as soon as the arrow stuck them.

Raddect took a defensive posture not knowing exactly why I was throwing spells at him. The split second he realized what I had done he press his assault. It was here when we started to get this fight under control. The next claw the feelpe swung was met with Raddects blade and it sliced through the tough plates of armor and the feelpe wailed.

As the Creature wailed its claws pinning Kozak down set deeper into Kozak’s armor. The Fairy fire I had placed on the feelpe showed Kozak’s eyes turn red. His bloodlust had set in, a trait unique to Blood Ogre Clan. He grew almost triple in size. Making it hard for the creature to keep him pinned with one claw. Kozak pushed with his axe which pulled the claws out of his chest, Kozak roared in agony. Attentively Raddect noticed the creature shifting its weight to regain its balance from Kozaks sudden push. Raddect swung both of his blades in the same direction Kozak was pushing from and struck the shoulder of the feelpe. Each blade melting deep cuts through the shoulder plates of the feelpe. The Feelpe having no choice but to jump back, or fall over, jumped back catching its balance. In doing so spread both of its wings while letting out a ear shattering scream.

Kozak being freed quickly rose to his feet. His eyes where glowing red and the blood in his viens where all protruding from his skin. He gripped his axe with both hands and took a lunging swing at the beast that had him in deaths grasps for what must have seemed like days. Kozak landed a blow against the feelpes head with the side of his axe, knocking the creature back towards me.

Shaking its head from the blow it just received the feelpe turned towards me and began to jaunt in my direction. Raddect started to cast grasping thorns and Croffs force chant could be herd. With out thought my defensive magma shield went up protecting me by at least two feet. But the feelpe had no intention of attacking me it was fleeing. As it took to the air the vines and the glow of the pillars where both just out of reach.

I turned to cast but the midnight air and trees gave perfect cover for the dark black and blue feelpe. Pist that it had escaped I released the cyclone of flames into the sky. Kozak crashed to the ground exhausted with Croff not to far from him running to take care of all his wounds.

Raddect quickly took the soil the creature had bleed upon and waffed its scent across his face. “Ill have no problem finding that insolent creature now!” Raddect said with a sting in his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment