Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blind Addictions Part I

Walking through the halls of the academy I notice every emotion being projected at me. Among the strongest is resentment or jealousy, envy, fear, and a few others that most women of no virtue have.  It has been this way since I moved to the academy. In the beginning I couldn’t understand why people I didn’t even know hated me. It wracked my brain for many of nights in the library as I was studying. Being as obsessive as I am I had to know what sparked these emotions from these people so I sat out for a way to get these answers.  

One night in my first year here I had came across a few spells of stealth and silence that allowed me to follow what started off a few classmates around. That first night was a very long and interesting night. One of the people I followed hated me with such a passion he ended up dropping out that year. As I sat and watched him from the shadows he drank until he couldn’t drink another drop. He then picked a few fights and got himself blistered by his own spells. I then understood how far behind he was then the rest of the class. Much to my dismay that morning I was almost late for class as the spells didnt wear off until I almost had the be at class. A minor over calculation on my part.

My targets of surveillance over the next few weeks consisted of a wide range of races and positions inside the academy and kingdom. I was obsessed with the amount of information I was learning and I wasn’t even in the library. One of the professors studied every night due to me being ahead of her in the class she taught on minor remidies.  This pushed her to feel incompetent. I had no idea I had made her feel this way as I always found her classes a great challenge and the presentation even kept my interest.

As the weeks passed I became even more bold on who I would follow and observe. During this time in my life I learned so much about families and household responsibility. Some of the peers in my class had such pressure from their parents status or expectations it would ruin their chances of success.

The night I attempted to see what drove the Arch Magus outside these walls is the night all my research came to an end.  Not before I was exhausted, beaten, and shown more then I ever intended to gain from of observing my peers. That night started off like any other, I cast four spells rewritten in the draconic tongue with a few other alterations that allowed them to all take hold at the same time without breaking the others. As if you cast silence first then you can cast the rest of the spells or if you cast shadow invisibility then any other spell your invisibility drops. Enough showing off back to that night.  

I followed the Arch Magus to his home on the outskirts of the campus. He bypassed his house and went into his back yard where his personal tower is. The path to the tower had tangling vines that go after anyone not grown from the persons blood who planted them. They have razor sharp thorns and the ability to paralyze anything they catch in their grasp. I was already in their grasp when the Arch Magus light the latern outside the tower. This created a shadow inside the tower which allowed me to fade out of the vines grasp.  I had just barely made it as the stupid plant had already paralyzed my left arm. I followed him up to the highest part of the study where he sat behind a huge desk, As I walked into the open room the Arch Magus spoke, “Is your journey after me worth your life shadow?” As the words finished I was surrounded by gargoyles and four seals of restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment