Monday, October 11, 2010

Wayward Urchins

Every fifteenth day I have to give a class on the basics of the element of fire to our second year students at the academy. This not only tries my patience its pointless for none of these want to be wizards have the core to use a flame to its fullest.  I already find this class a bother as I walked through the door.

On a side note I have done this class for two years and each class is pretty much the same. There is always a brown nose, jester, spoiled brats, and the few who are strugglers trying to make it. But this is the first time I had a class this unruly.

As I walked into the room I cast anti magic aura on the classroom without even a thought.  “Another typical class let me guess. Its fire magic so let’s drench the professor with water then turn the floor to mud so he is wet and muddy for the rest of the day.” Hmm and for sure there was a bubble of water on the ceiling and runes on the floor. The student who failed to make eye contact was the one who drew the pour excuse for a rune trap. And the student in the back room struggling to keep the bubble on the ceiling was concentrating so hard she almost passed out.

But this class unlike other classes this class ignored my rant as I entered the room. Just as I noticed a kid in the back off the room stood up and declared they where taking the next three days off.  The class seemed to all agree some with nods others with smirks.  “Really and what makes you think I would allow that?”

“Listen here old timer, do you really think we need “basics” we made it into the academy. And not to be rude but it’s not like your going to be able to teach us all tied up.”

“So you all feel this way?”

 At this point two young half elves attempted to tie me up.  “Hmm, I see.”

I held back as much as I could still burned the two young half elves pretty bad. More of the class started to try to subdue me as there class mates where crying in agony. The runes “they” prepared became handy most of them where sealed to the floor. The few others coward as my fire shield turned started expanding.  That left me with the smart allic and the young wizard trying to keep the water bubble from snapping back on her. I went ahead and muttered the words for a water prison to take care of her, arg I hate water magic such a waste of power.

“Now I didn’t catch your name youngster, allow me to tell you mine. Good morning class I am Magus Coridan and I’ll be teaching you fire basics today. TAKE YOUR SEATS.” My Shield and eyes burning deep crystal blue.

He started shuttering “yo you your Coridan?”

“So you’re not only undisciplined, rude, and unmannered bully, but deaf also?”  I reared back to teach this urchin a lesson in bulling.

With all the commotion a few other professors came storming into the room. Shouting for me to calm down throwning up protection spells on my target. I let my fire shield down and the professors started to take care of dispelling the mud rune and tending to those with burnt flesh.

"Magus Coridan, you really need to learn restrant. They are just kids!" Magus Katree scorned me shaking her finger at me.  

Later that night I was summoned to the Arch Magus’s chambers to cover what all went on in the class. The conversation turned into one of the kids these days being very undisciplined and having no manners. We came to the conclusion with the fathers off to war for the last ten years and the mothers having to support the home the kids where left at home to there own devices. The Arch Magus and I agreed that we are becoming soft as a society and that we need to get back to the honor and morals that where instilled into the generations before us. But with such a melting pot in Kaldar whose morals code should we use as a Trolls morals are a lot lower then that of a High elf.

The last thing we agree upon was this would be the last time I taught basics class. The students are not prepared for a lesson of this level at this point in there young mage careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment